Monday, January 3, 2011

Overlord

I just started playing Overlord. Mostly because I was gifted it on steam, no other reason. I probably would not have purchased it otherwise. The general idea of the game amuses me, and I really do enjoy being evil in games like this. Once again, yes I sometimes enjoy being evil. So the idea of the game is cute. The graphics are decent, as far as scenery goes, but animation of basic creatures is kind of lame. Expected. The country side where you start out your first quests is very Fable-esque. Actually in many ways the game reminds me of Fable. The sounds, the fact that when you kill things they disappear and you are left with little glowing balls. Hmm, very familiar.

With that aside, I do like the minions. The way they bring me things and say 'for you!' and will sacrifice themselves happily for my own health. The old leader of the minions is kind of annoying, and looks like an evil yoda. So far a mildly entertaining game, even if it does seem like a Fable ripoff as far as sound/scenery goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment