Thursday, December 1, 2011

Time for some change

So for the first time since I built my PC (probably about four years ago now) I am unable to play a game. I am supposed to review RAGE for the D20 Girls Magazine, and I got the game for my birthday. I FINALLY downloaded it (Skyrim distracted me).

When I went to launch the game, I was prompted that my GeForce Nvidia drivers were out of date...I wasn't surprised by this message but I had played Skyrim just fine earlier (although for once I couldn't run a game with all high settings) so I updated the drivers and got the same error. Then when I ignored the error the game wouldn't launch. I was wondering if some of my components of my computer were needing an upgrade, I think the graphics card is the first.

Sadly, I am very behind on what is new and exciting in the hardware world. So my journey is to now re-learn everything I have forgotten while I was pretending that my four year old PC was still awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment