Thursday, July 22, 2010

Likes and Dislikes of KOTOR and Bioware games

This game is now considered a classic in most gaming communities. I currently purchased it again (I have played it previously) I have played Dragon Age: Orgins to the point of no return, I know every trick and have played through all possible endings. I know how Bioware games work. Don't get me wrong I love Bioware, their rpgs are the kind that interest me the most.

Likes: You have so much freedom in Bioware games, but not too much that you are entirely lost without plot. Other rpgs I have played say that they are in a similar light, but you do not get to choose who your character is, base stats, classes or anything of the sort (The Witcher...cough cough) KOTOR is one of the early Bioware games, so if you play it you can see where the newer games go their roots.

Dislikes: The Bioware games are very formulaic. Not a completely bad thing, but you know that there will be romance options, your responses are limited to 'good, bad, and 'I don't know whats going on' in situations where you wish there were more. Often times joking if you want to keep a good relationship with a character isn't possible, when in a more realistic situation it would not always damage the relationship. You always have to do favors for people you don't really give a flying monkey fuck about, but you run errands for them anyways.

Enjoyments of this playthrough of KOTOR: I am being as neutral as possible. I am already leaning towards the light, but it is amusing to be as bad as possible without going to the dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment