Friday, July 23, 2010

Alien Swarm!

Alien Swarm is a game that you can get for FREE on steam. So if you don't have steam you might consider getting it to explore how it works (its a pretty great way to purchase and organize your games) and also get this game for free. Developed by some of the best behind some of our favorite games like Left 4 Dead. This is a 3rd person shooter, which is very new to me. I have always played first person shooters. An odd concept to me, but it is actually addictive and fun. You have many 'classes' you can play as, including a 'hacker/techie' who solves simple puzzles to unlock doors and access computers.
I'm not going to review this game quite yet, but I will say I really do like it. It is cute. Yes, cute. As far as shooters go. Not a very scary game, the graphics are actually really good but done in this third person way makes your characters seem like little toy troopers. Really good art for portraits also, I like the music, the sounds of the aliens. There are a lot of elements that are adopted from other games. The medics heal in the same way as in Team Fortress 2. Almost reminds me of Bioshock with less big daddies and more face hugging Half Life Like aliens (and more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment