Friday, July 30, 2010

An Old Cup of Tea

I USED to be an avid WoW player. I was given the game as a gift more than four years ago. That makes me a pre BC (burning crusade) player. I wasn't a serious WoW head until Northrend though. That was when I made the mistake of becoming a hard core raider, being a guild master, and being the raid lead of said guild. WoW gets a lot of bad press, and there are lots of reasons why. Repetitive, monopolizing, boring, at times glitchy limited game. With that, it is also the longest lasting MMO ever. Every once and a while a new MMO will pop up and rumors will spread that it will beat out WoW, but it falls into obscurity soon after. Aion was the last of these.

I quit playing wow about 7 months ago, mostly because the monthly subscription fee is expensive and I am a poor college student. Also I lost interest in the game, mostly because of my guild falling apart and my infamous status on the realm I played on. However, Cataclysm has caught my attention. I planned to level all of my characters up to 80 and then wait for this HUGE new expansion. When I quit that thought faded out of my mind and I just planned to sit on my account and not do anything with it.

However, the idea of being a beta tester (with an invitation I received) makes me interested once again. What a great opportunity for me to criticize the new expansion. Compared to the rest of WoW, as well as a game in general. If I get the beta I will be doing just that.

Also, what the fuck is up with goblins as the horde race. That really sucks in my opinion, since they have always been a neutral 'faction' I actually like the worgen better.

No comments:

Post a Comment