Monday, July 12, 2010

The Witcher (beginning)



So the game in question is The Witcher. I personally LOVE rpgs especially the dark fantasy type. One of my favorite games that I have recently played is Dragon Age: Origins which in my opinion was close to perfect (there were some polishing flaws) so now I pick up The Witcher. First 15 minutes of the game. Ok so the voice acting is about as flat as you can get, and the small twitching of the mouths doesn't really impress me at all. The intro cinematic was pretty cool but now I'm thinking 'ok why is this game rated so high.' I find the reason in the redhead character who's boobs are bouncing in my face, in her extremely lowcut mesh/lace whatever shirt. Wow, real impressive. Too bad her hair is falling into her body instead of sitting on top like it should. Great rendering skills.

So I do the first mission of sorts, defending the lovely falling apart base of the Witchers, great fun. The battle tactics are very simple. Switch battle styles for certain enemies, click when the little sword flames, kill shit. Not that cool. Also there is a quick pause similar to Dragon Age, although for some reason it doesn't impress me all that much. So your group of allies utterly fail to defend their potions, and the boob chick gets hurt right away. Your next task is to find a potion for her. Then ALREADY you have the option of having sex with her. Sex consists of propositioning and then looking at an artsy picture of her naked with covers over pretty much all of her body, with some red action in the background that kind of looks like the inside of a womb but is supposed to be your lovemaking.

So far, I see that the shallowness of the guys playing this game has made them completely ignore the things like the pillow falling on the ground that looks a lot more like a colorful rock, the fact that half of the time in the beginning the horse is missing its tail and its joins pop the wrong direction, and the failure to keep hair falling into the bodies of the characters. Brilliant.

To be continued.

5 comments:

  1. i agree the combat is total shit and the game it totally glitchy. Im a guy btw and i still think the game is shit so that tells u something :P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you. I just played The Witcher for an hour and decided that it was in my best interest to google "The Witcher sucks".

    Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The witcher is awesome. Sure the engine of the first game sucks, but it delivers a great story and great rpg elements. If you don't like witcher you should stop pretending you like rpgs and realize you just like brainless action with character customization elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story is great, gameplay sucks though....
    Oh and your website sucks ballz...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Shallow" actually describes it.

    ReplyDelete