Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reasons why Reach is better than previous Halo games

Like almost every gamer, I have played Halo. I never considered it one of my favorite games but it was a social staple to my gaming background. Always played it with new friends as a method of bonding. Now, with Halo Reach I have discovered Bungie moving in a new direction, a direction I like. Here are some reasons why Halo: Reach is better than the other Halo games.

1. More comprehensive search options for multiplayer
In a 'lone wolf' situation, you have the option to fill out your psych profile to be matched with people who are like your play style. For example I like to play with a more rowdy crowd, but I myself am not very chatty.

2. Challenges
Daily and weekly challenges give you more incentive to keep playing and play often.

3. Credits
Credits that can be used to purchase armor upgrades (all for looks) that are earned through campaign and multiplayer playing make the continued play value of the game much higher than previous halo games. There is incentive to play more and more often. Usually I think cosmetic upgrades are silly but in this situation they are more just to add to your rep.

4. Personalization
Although you could choose to be female in the previous halos, the more rpg feel of Halo Reach makes it so that your gender actually applies more even through the campaign where previously this wasn't an option. The color and emblem personalization has also been upgraded significantly.

5. Graphics
The graphics of this new Halo surpass all the others. Yes, it is the newest game but the changes to the graphics make it much more appealing as a game, where the previous focus wasn't as much on graphics. The effort is appreciated, Reach is a beautiful planet.

6. Different types of online play
Playlists give you many different options of online play. From team slayer to a Living Dead mod that is a 'zombie' game mode. I especially enjoy in the rumble crazy king and oddball, and headhunter. Although these aren't new, in my opinion they work more smoothly in Reach

7. Arena
For some reason every time I hear the word Arena I think World of Warcraft but don't mind me. The Arena is a great idea for competitive players. I'm not quite to that skill level, but the translation from keyboard to console is a tough one.

8. Firefight
Firefight is another amazing way to play with others (even if you are like me and don't play well with others) Just great, I love it.

Overall, I would like to say that once I started playing Reach there was no reason for me to even put Halo 3 back into my xbox. I beat Halo 3 in a day of playing and lost interest in that time also. Halo Reach has my continued attention. I am loving the mulitplayer options.

No comments:

Post a Comment