Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Praise for HBO's Game of Thrones

I am always afraid of my favorite books being turned into movies, it somehow takes away some of the mystery of the book. Like the world and all the characters were a private thing before they were put onto the big screen, and usually it creates a lot of 'fans' who have never read the books, who bother me. Game of Thrones has changed my feelings on the topic. The fact that George R.R. Martin approves of his books being turned into a series helps, but it astounds me how well HBO has done.

I watch every new episode twice, and squeal like a little schoolgirl the entire time. HBO has captured the grit of the books, and the complexity of the characters as well as the intellectual battles matched with the gore. Obviously not quite as all encompassing as the actual books, but as close as you can get. I will watch this happily as long as they keep making it.

SPOILER ALERT (for those of you who haven't read the books)
I'm soooo excited for the dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment