Thursday, July 14, 2011

13 Emmy Awards is how you get it done

The series based off of a Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin is up for 13 Emmy awards. THIRTEEN. I hope that it wins all of them, for anyone who didn't see the first season you are missing out, and for anyone who hasn't read A Game of Thrones, which is what the first season is based off of you are missing out even more. Also, the fifth book was released just a few days ago, you know what I will be doing the next few days.

Gritty, dirty, dark. I have already talked about how well they adapted this series for TV but I just want to say it again. There were a few glaring errors that bothered me but you can't get a book of that depth onto the screen without cutting and fudging a few things. I would watch each episode twice in a row, because it was entertaining enough that you could do that. I can't wait for the second season.

2 comments:

  1. I really really hope that Peter Dinklage wins best Supporting Actor. But I agree. I hope that Game of Thrones wins as many Emmy as possible, so it won't get cancelled, as happens to good shows way to often. What's your favorite Emmy nomination for Game of Thrones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still havent been able to bring myself to watch the series. Whenever i see a film or t.v. adaption of a book it tends to break my image of the book a little bit and i think that fantasy is such a hard thing to do right. It can come off looknig extremely tacky ( check out the sword of truth series ).

    ReplyDelete